Health care REITs
Health care REITs own and manage a variety of health care-related real estate and collect rent from tenants. Health care REITs' property types include senior living facilities, hospitals, medical office buildings and skilled nursing facilities.
REITs not only help you invest in real estate and promote a healthy economy, they may also help improve your personal health. Hospitals, labs, medical offices and assisted living facilities, owned by REITs, help Americans every day.
- REIT Property Ownership in America
- Medical Facilities: 8,800
- Medical Offices: 2,600+
- Assisted Living Facilities: 2,300+
- Skilled Nursing Facilities: 1,400+
- Additional Healthcare Facilities: 2,400+
Did You Know?
- With the aging population in this country, REITs provide a lot of the real estate necessary to keep up with health care demand.
- REITs provide state-of-the-art facilities researchers need to focus on innovations.
- REITs offer necessary housing for America’s seniors, across a wide range of care needs.